Form Export to Doc

Hi,
We create multiple forms and have the form results emailed to specific users. However the email includes all contact fields, whether it’s empty or not.

Is there a way to export or have the results emailed of what the end-user has filled out only?

Hi Cass, Abbie from ActiveCampaign here! This is a great question, and one I think I can give you a few options for!

The default “Email results” action on a form will always default to sharing a full contact record, but we can create some control by moving the notification to an automation, triggered by our form submission. We have a help article with a bit more information you can review here, but I’ve also recorded a short video to walk through how you might use this option to limit what fields appear in the message to your team: Zight Recording 2024-06-06 ...

As an alternative, if you prefer to create an ‘export’ of sorts that your team can check and review as needed, I’d recommend using an automation, again triggered by your form submission, to push data to a spreadsheet using our Google Sheets integration step. I recorded a quick video for you to watch here so you can get a better idea of if this would be a good option for your team as well: Zight Recording 2024-06-06 ...

1 Like

@alibby, i dont think this really answers the issue. I have the same questions. we basically want to post the results of the form to a webhook or via an email. In each case, it always includes all the contact information or we have to pick the individual fields.

Is there just a way to post the values that were updated on the form? that would make the most sense so we could see when a user completed a form and what the data they provided to us at that time. We would be able to use history

Hi @bayside - the short answer is that there is not going to be a fast or easy way to do that. We do have automation triggers for field updates that might help you surface important information like individual fields as they are selected, but there is not a native option to suppress any field that was not updated within a certain timeframe from being included in the call or mapped fields you add to a notification/webhook. If the fields are mapped to export, they will export whatever value the contact has, even if the value did not change or they skipped an optional field in your form, and webhooks will always return the full contact record.

You can also request we add a feature or options like the ones you suggested to our developers through our Ideas Forum.