ActiveCampaign Forum

Log emails in AC via BCC?

Is there any way to log sent emails in ActiveCampaign via a BCC address?

Looking for a solution similar to how Hubspot gives you a unique BCC/forwarding address and you can send emails to be attached to contacts. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-setup-log-in-crm

Hi @Terry,

We can only track that a BCC email was received not sent. So, we don’t offer a forwarding address solution for BCC emails unless we just want to be certain that they were received.

If you want to also track that a BCC email was sent, I would definitely recommend submitting this as an idea: https://ideas.activecampaign.com/ideas/new

Our product team will receive this feedback and consider it for future releases.

Cheers,

Perry

Hi Perry,

Sorry I must not have explained myself properly.

Is there a way to BCC ActiveCampaign into a reply to a customer and have AC log that reply against the Customer in the CRM?

Hi @Terry,

Thank you for the additional clarification.

So, we can’t track BCC emails. However, you can track this within ActiveCampaign using To/From. To do this, you would just need to make sure that the contact has an open deal in the CRM and ActiveCampaign will log that reply against the customer in the CRM.

Hope this helps,

Perry

Hi @pleon - If you didn’t have a deal open on a contact, and now you do - is there a way to FORWARD an email to AC so that the email record could be stored in AC?

I may have 3-4 emails back and forth before I turn a contact into a deal.

Adrianne

Why no answer?
How can you leave a thread unanswered for 8 months?

Hi @aequasys,

It appears that this user may have had their question answered by Support. However, for future purposes, the ability to forward an email to ActiveCampaign so that the record can be stored in AC isn’t possible. But if you have syncing set up, your inbox will be synced up and checking for emails so there isn’t a need to “forward”.

Thanks!
Vera