"Whenever a specific message is sent" trigger

Hello there,

I’m a new user.
I switched to AC from Get Response since someone I trust told me Active Campaign has a top notch automation.

However, it seems to me there’s no “Whenever a specific message” trigger available, which is a huge bummer to me since all of my GR automations are basically based on it.

I know there are plenty of workarounds, but that’s not what I’m looking for as of now, I workaround, I mean.

If I didn’t explain myself properly - and I will apologize for that - that images below should clarify what I’m looking for.

Thank you very much,

Alessandro

I’m bumping it because I really feel this is important.

Hi there, Amy from ActiveCampaign’s Customer Experience Team. We’re just refreshing our forum page and I wanted to add some help here for anyone who comes across this page/question/post.

Our automations work a bit differently to Get Response as we trigger automations based on activities performed by contacts/leads rather than by the internal user. For example, we don’t currently have the option to trigger the automation when a contact is sent a campaign/newsletter (internal action) but we do have the option to trigger an automation when a contact subscribes to a list or submits a form (contact action).

As a workaround, you could trigger your automation with one of our many start triggers then add a wait step with the condition: has been sent Newsletter. The contact will queue in this wait step until they have been sent the campaign.

I think it would be great to have some external triggers so I would highly recommend that you share this idea here https://ideas.activecampaign.com as our developers are always looking to ways to improve the platform for our users.

Any questions or additional ideas, thread them below!