Very new to this - Twitter referral tracking

Hello and sorry to ask what may well be a very simple question. I’ve been given the job of using AC to market my company with absolutely no previous experience in this field - eek!

One thing that I’d like to be able to do is to track whether a user has visited our site via a twitter post. I have enabled site tracking which appears to be working OK.

Can anyone walk me though how to set this up please?

Thank you.

1 Like

You want to track anonymous users who are referred to your site from Twitter?

Hey Mark! Sorry we missed this when it was originally published, but in the spirit of providing insight on this question, I’ll be happy to take a look!

When it comes to our site tracking feature, it is super important to highlight how our contacts can be identified: When contacts click on a link in a campaign, When they submit a form created in ActiveCampaign or By dynamically inserting the email address of known visitors into the tracking code.

I believe the best way for your setup, will be to insert that twitter link you want your contacts to visit into a campaign (a button block will work perfect) and that way you can track those visits directly. To learn more about site tracking, click HERE.

Hope this helps, and don’t hesitate you reach us back with any further concerns!