Using Automations to Update and Append New Values to Past Values Custom Fields

Hello,

Does anyone know if we can use automations to update fields by append new data values but still retaining the old data on the same field.

For example, Field “Favorite Colors” has a Value of: Red
Contact fills out another form indicate different “Favorite Color” is: Blue
Normally the New value would overwrite past value, but I want to know if we can just have it append to look like:

Favorite colors: Red || Blue

I know when you import you can store Multiply values in one field, but in automations you only have the option to update new value or clear the past value.

Thanks in advance!

If not possible in Active Campaign that is okay, as I do have a backup plan via 3rd party integration.

You may want to use the checkbox on your forms, so that the contact can select multiple answers.

You can use this custom field type to tell you multiple things about a contact. For example, maybe you want to know all their favorite colors. By presenting contacts with a checkbox field, they can tell you that exact information.

Currently, when you update a field in an automation, it overwrites the existing value.

A good workaround to maintain all old info is to have an action that backs up the data as a row in a Google sheet at the end of each automation.