Using Automations for The Machine: How to Monitor Changes in Stats?

I’m using automation sequences to setup campaigns based on Ryan Deiss’ Machine. I’ve had everything set up for about 6 months, and I’m tweaking the subject lines, copy, and calls-to-action, but I can’t track the changes in the stats. There is no way to filter the data for a specific time period.

Am I missing a way to do this? Even Aweber offers the ability to do this.

Thanks,
Maria

2 Likes

Maria,
you should be able to constrain the reporting period for Reports using the calendar icon (upper right).

Can you give that a shot and see if that gets you what you need?

1 Like

Hi Sean - that’s an awesome suggestion! I tried it, but found the calendar option is available only on Campaign reports, not Automation reports.

I don’t think there’s a way to do this. Yet, anyway.

Thanks Sean!
Maria

1 Like

Bummer. Upon further inspection it looks like you’re right. The date constraint option doesn’t even really constrain the reporting dates in Campaigns, it’s just a filter to pull only campaigns that occurred within the specified dates. So it seems that AC reporting indeed lacks the ability to constrain reports by date.

On a related side note: you may want to investigate Mixpanel, Kiss Metrics or Heap Analytics. We use Mixpanel for event tracking and it gives you far more sophisticated capabilities to track events & properties and then slice & dice on any dimension, do funnel and cohort analysis and test hypotheses after the fact. Not sure how it would work with A/B campaigns in AC but in theory you could run them with conditional content blocks and record different events and pass different links and should be able to accomplish it that way. It has native integration for Optimizely for A/B testing on your site. It’s really intended to give you a full view of your funnel and do drill-down analysis to get insights. Free up to 25k events (we’re still using the free plan). Integrates very easily via Segment.com (which also has a free plan). Worth investigating. Good luck

3 Likes

Hi there, Amy from ActiveCampaign’s Customer Experience Team. We’re just refreshing our forum page and I wanted to add some help here for anyone who comes across this page/question/post.

The Automation Performance Report has the ability to apply a date range filter (see here: Amy 🔊 2024-04-19 at 11.36.40). This will allow you to filter the date range of which the changes were made (exampel April 1st - today’s date example: April 20th).

You can also visit the Automation Overview Report from here, see here: Zight Recording 2024-04-19 .... This also offers a date range filter.

Let us know if you have any questions in the thread!