Use Checkbox Form to add multiple tags?

Is there a way to add a tag for each checkbox selected in a form?

I’m using a landing page (example here, using Instapage -
http://info.farmergirlmeats.com/out-of-stock) to allow customers to opt-in to back-in-stock notifications. The solution I decided on is to list all of our out-of-stock products and let the customer “check” which one’s they’d like a notification for when it comes back in stock.

Any suggestions for how to communicate all the boxes they selected to a contact’s account so I can filter who gets a notification when I’m ready?

Thanks in advance.

Hey!

It’s definitely possible, but it might make for a sprawling automation depending on how many options there are.

I’d probably have the trigger be “Field changes.” Then, the automation itself would be a series of “If/Elses” looking for, basically, “Is this box checked?” If yes, apply a tag, if no, “Go to” and then bring them to the next “If/Else” to check the next checkbox. You’d just continue this for each possible selection.

Let me know if this makes sense or if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Hi Brian, thanks for the suggestion. I don’t think there’s an option for “Is this box checked?” though, is there?

But, I think I did figure it out. I just didn’t realize the custom field would add multiple options separated by commas. So in the automation you just have to check if the custom field “contains” one of the options from the form and add a tag for each one accordingly.

Yep, that should work. Looks good!