Updating custom fields on deals

Current version of API requires making an API call for each custom fields value that needs to be updated (or set) for each deal. So, if an instance of ActiveCampaign has 30 custom fields, then we have to make 30 API calls just to update each custom value. This seems like unnecessary complexity: for example, updating standard field values could be done in 1 API call.

Is there a way to do the same with custom fields? Ideally, even as a part of the update (or create) call to the deals endpoint (this seems like a prevalent practice in the industry).

Thanks!

1 Like

Missing custom fields value creation on deal CREATE is a misunderstanding. It’s a huge blocker for me to go live with AC

FWIW, V1 API has contact_edit, which can update all custom fields for a contact with one POST. The decision on whether to use V1 or V3 is a mystery. I wonder if there’s a “V1 vs V3” comparison somewhere.

Will there be an update from ActiveCampaign tech department on this part? We are in need of a solution as well!

Hey @brandontest,

If I’m reading the docs correctly, I’m pretty sure we can bulk update custom deal fields in a single API call. Maybe this is a newer feature that’s been added since your original post of 3/29/19 ??

I think this is what you’re looking for:
https://developers.activecampaign.com/reference#bulk-update-a-custom-field-value

@sundog @brandontest

Unforunatelly this is not really the case. This option only works to bulk update all values of all deals. So it really has to do with the FIELD ID’s for all deals, not the custom value of a specific input from a field id.

@brandontest Did you found any solution for this?