Site tracking / url monitoring not working on navigation

It seems site tracking is working only if I click a DIRECT link inside a newsletter.

If I reach the same page by normal navigation then the automation does not gets triggered.

Witch is the cookie name I’ve to look in the storage to see if it is correctly tracking?

1 Like

Great question! I’ll help you however I can.

There are two different ways to track users/contacts: Link tracking and Site tracking.

Site tracking and link tracking are separate features, and must each be enabled.

“It seems site tracking is working only if I click a DIRECT link inside a newsletter.”

It would appear your link tracking is working correctly. The problem is your site tracking:

“If I reach the same page by normal navigation then the automation does not gets triggered.”

Site tracking involves embedding a snippet of JS code on your website that tracks page visits. It can track contacts you already have as well as anonymous visitors whose previously activity can be retroactively associated with their contact info should they subscribe to one of your lists later on. That is implemented by associating the visitor with a cookie that holds a tracking ID.

To see cookies possibly from ActiveCampaign in Chrome, navigate to chrome://settings/siteData?searchSubpage=active&search=cookies, but my first suggestion would be to make sure site tracking is implemented in your site, as link tracking seems to be working already.
Additional Links:

Yes site tracking it is active. I need to click a link or register in a form to start being tracked.
The problem seems to be with the DOC:
I’ve used vgo(‘process’); but nothing happened.
Instead using vgo(‘process’,‘allowTrack’); then it works.

Anyway I need to know the cookie name also to fill all the GDPR burocracy papers :slight_smile:

I understand. I will get back to you with an answer soon.

Although I was unable to track down the “cookie name” as you stated, here is newly-updated documentation that might point you in the right direction, particularly on how to generate the proper site tracking snippet. vgo('process', 'allowTrack') needs to be vgo('process', 'allowTracking') also note the change in your javascript to vgo('setTrackByDefault',false); as “…updating the “Track by Default” setting is a necessary step that may help you comply with the GDPR”

yes but i still need to know the cookie name to add it to my GDPR document :slight_smile: