Site tracking does not work

Hello, I have the following products. Instapage - Landing Page, Active Campaign - Email marketing.
I have seen this site tracker and thought it would be good idea to get people to opt in via a email address and button.
So therefore when the button is pressed the email address is sent to Active Campaign and then my automation can start.
I chose instapage and active campaign for their integrations. I have added the snippet of code in my instapage landing page, but nothing happens when I opt in. I have had a guy from active campaign look at this all day with no solution. Has anyone got these products to work with site tracker. Also am I correct in writing that for event tracker you have to have a programmer do it for you?

2 Likes

Hi @marvinnonisuk834,

I will try and create a demo instapage account to look into this today. You probably will want to rely on the integration though on form submit, and not site or event tracking. This would be a fairly common use case.

Inside ActiveCampaign, you would typically use a ā€œwhen contact is added to listā€ trigger for your automation.

Site tracking is for when a identified contact visits a webpage. You would need event tracking setup to log an event when a user takes an action on a specific page, and you would need a developer to integrate that, or a tag manager like Segment.

Iā€™m using the same products and having the same problems. Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m not happy with the answer ā€œwell just donā€™t use site tracking with Instapageā€.
Weā€™re using the Wordpress Instapage plugin and so the Instapage page is hosted on the main domain.
Iā€™ve whitelisted the domain and weā€™ve added the site tracking code to the Javascript add ons section in Instapage - so it is inserted into the source code - and weā€™ve done it using the Activecampaign plugin in Wordpress.

People are signing up via the Instapage page and the integration means they are appearing in my Activecampaign list.
However, I need site tracking to work as advertised as I want to tag people according to which Instapage landing page they visited. We might have the same subscriber visit several Instapage campaign pages.
This needs to work.

1 Like

I am having the same issue with Site tracking and Instapage. Any updates on a fix?

Have you reported this issue to Instapage? This isnā€™t an integration we maintain. Weā€™ll continue working to find a solution, of course. But, weā€™re unable to make any modifications to the Instapage plug in.

There are no known issues with Site Tracking, so my assumption is that there is something in the Instapage plugin that is preventing it from working correctly.

Hey - I think I got this working, but Iā€™m not sure exactly which of my changes made it work. Hereā€™s what I did:

• In ActiveCampaign, whitelist instapage.com and cloudfront.net, in addition to your domain
  • In Instapage, I added the tracking script in the ā€˜javascriptā€™ section. I added it to the header, body and footer. Seems like overkill, but was just trying everything I could think of to get it to work.

Finally, test it from an incognito browser window. Send to a new/different email account and see if itā€™s working. This may have been the issue from the start - AC was conflicted due to cookies/accounts open in the same browser.

Anyway, it seems to be working now.

Good luck!

1 Like