Sending a notification with form data

I have a form available for customers on an AC webpage. The form collects name, email and has a text section for comments. When the form is submitted, an automation is started. Can I have an email or notification sent with the name, email and comments submitted on the form?

1 Like

You can add a Slack notification to your automation, have the automation fill in a row on a google sheet. You can also use Zapier to create something more custom if there’s not a native integration in AC.

2 Likes

Hello there! Just adding some extra insights here. You can also get notified every time a contact submits your ActiveCampaign form, following these steps:

1. Click “Edit” for the form you want to modify.
  2. Click the “Options” tab.
  3. Locate the “Form Action” box, then click the “Add an action” button.
  4. Click the “Action” dropdown then click the “Email Results” option.
  5. Complete the Email Results fields then *click the “Add” button.
    To learn more about this feature, click HERE.

I’ve done this. There’s an option to send an email to specific email address via the form action section. However, I can’t customise or edit what the notification will include.

So instead, what I did was to create an automation to send an email to specific email addresses.
Specifically, you can exclude some details, and include only the necessary ones.
As I can’t seem to insert a screenshot here, Here’s the rundown:

1. Open the form.
  2. click the trigger automation in your forms (upper right)
  3. You will be directed to automatons where you can add notification email in the sequence. Input the email addresses you want to receive and the sender.
    Note: The sender cannot be the receiver.
  4. customise the notification email. i.e. %NAME%, %EMAIL% etc.

Just wanted to add to @hackalogy 's response in case it wasn’t clear - there’s a specific automation action called “Send a notification option” which allows you to choose up to 5 people to receive a notification, and also allows you to customize the notification email content.