Removing from other lists in an automation

Hi…

I’d like to move contacts out of previous lists when they hit a specific automation. However not all contacts are going to be members of the same lists. Does that make sense…

Some people from list A and some people from list B will be joining an automation in which I add them to List C. Is there a command that I can say “remove from all previous lists”?

Hi there, Amy from ActiveCampaign’s Customer Experience Team. We’re just refreshing our forum page and I wanted to add some help here for anyone who comes across this page/question/post.

You would need to build out an automation as follows:

• Start trigger: You haven’t specified how contacts will enter into this automation but go ahead and select a start trigger
  • Wait step (5 minutes)
  • If/else statement with conditions: ‘Is subscribed to list (active) List A’
  • If the contacts are subscribed to List A, they will go down the ‘Yes’ path, where you can then add the step to 'unsubscribe from list A
  • then add a ‘Go to’ action > don’t action this yet as we will attach this to another step later
  • Under the ‘No’ path, add another if/else statement with conditions: ‘Is subscribed to list (active) List B’
  • If the contacts are subscribed to List B, they will go down the ‘Yes’ path, where you can then add the step to ‘unsubscribe from list B’
  • Under the ‘Yes’ path, add a step to ‘subscribe to List C’
  • Connect the ‘go to action’ from under the ‘Yes’ path for List A

Here is a quick demonstration as a walkthrough: Zight Recording 2024-04-24 ...