Pointers to help for site/event tracking?

I successfully set up site tracking on my Acuity Scheduling calendar confirmation by pasting the site tracking code directly into the set-up form Acuity provides.

While it worked, there are two problems that i see:

1. The URL that is displayed in Recent Events makes no sense to me. It looks like a huge encoded string, and I have no idea what to do with that info. If it’s meaningless to the average user, what is the purpose of showing it on the Recent Activities panel.
  2. Because Acuity uses a single confirmation page for all appointment types, I have no way of knowing what type of appointment was created. Acuity does make several variables available for this purpose, but how do I pass them back through the site tracking code so that I can use them in a conditional test as part of an automation?

Would Event Tracking be a better choice? The problem I see with this is that it looks like some libraries would need to be installed on the Acuity side, and I have no way of making that happen.

Hey @tylericasystems,

Event tracking tends to be a better choice if you need to track granular events. I think of it like; site tracking makes it easier to track events that can be distilled down to “visit a page.” Event tracking is much broader.

I believe Acuity has a Zapier integration [and/or webhooks] correct? If so, you could potentially use Zapier to trigger events when activity happens in Acuity. That is probably the route I would take.

1 Like