'Paste plain text' option

I am hoping to see a simple ‘Paste Plain Text’ option in the editor as you do with most email marketing or WISYWIG editors.
When you currently paste text from a word doc, website, or anywhere, it brings across the styling of that text as well. It seems a little pointless me styling the text of our clients custom templates if they have to then paste copy into it and it ruins the formatting straight away.

If there was just that ‘Paste As Plain Text’ option so that it keeps the styling thats been set for that text area, but pastes the text and the text alone.

Thanks

1 Like

@futurform Hey Will,

This is definitely something that has come up before. I went ahead and created a feature request for you on our internal ideas board and talked to our PMs about it.

Thanks for the suggestion and let us know if you have any more!

Cheers,
~ Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for this. Yes its something i have mentioned to one of your guys on a live chat session before too but just would have thought it was something thats quite standard.

Would be great if it could be added though so will keep an eye out.

Thanks
Will

1 Like

+1 for this. Would help with migrations

2 Likes

Hey all,

Biannca here from our CX team, sorry we missed this when it was originally published.

In the spirit of providing insight on this question, we have a Clear text Formatting option in our designer so you can make sure your texts are cleared of formatting.

To clear text formatting in the new designer here’s the video demo for reference on how to clear text formatting: https://screen.ac/BluW7KPA.

Please don’t hesitate to reply back out or email us at help@activecampaign.com if you have any further questions.