Olark & ActiveCampaign- Web Site Visitor and Chat - IP Address Matching

Afternoon,

We use Olark for Web Chat on our site.

We also use Active Campaign for with Website Activity Tracking enabled.

When a user visits our website, Olark has visibility of the visitors IP address.

ActiveCampaign, also records the IP address of the user and assuming they have registered via a form-fill, will store the First Name , Last Name and Company Name against this user.

It would be very helpful to be able to send this information to Olark Chat, so we can see ‘who’ is actually on the chat.

Both platform’s have API’s.

I have little development experience, but can certainly script.

Any suggestions or guidance to achieve this level of integration? There are no Zapier ‘Zaps’ for this currently.

Best,

James.

1 Like

Hey @jawconsultinguk409,

There are a few ways to do this, but probably the simplest and fastest would be to use a tool like BigPicture.io or Segment or Google Tag Manager to identify your contacts, and then to syndicate that contact information to all the other services that you use on your site; Olark, AC, and whatever else (Google Analytics, Amplitude, Etc…)

If you want to go the scripting route, I would suggest storing the user in localStorage after an identify event (they login to either platform, or anything) and then checking that localStorage variable on page load, or when any other event is triggered (like starts a chat).

Would any of those solutions work? I am happy to dig into the details with you if you have any preference.