Manually pushing subscribers through automation emails

I have subscribers moving through an automation. I noticed that the trigger for the final piece of the automation (three emails) was set up incorrectly.

I’ve now fixed it, but there are a handful of subscribers who are classified as having completed the automation, even though they never went through the final few emails.

Now this is fixed, how do I push them through the last few messages? And why do reports say they have completed the automation when they haven’t?

Hey @willrussellmarketing,

Well, first off, and you’ve done this already, would be to identify the users who were incorrectly tagged as a result of the automation you’ve fixed. Bulk edit their contact information by adding a slightly different tag under a similar naming convention.

I would then replicate the portion of the automation that you’ve updated as a temporary automation. Use the new tag you’ve implemented as the trigger, run them through, and remove the temporary tag.

The reports would have identified those subscribers as having completed the automation, because at the time, they technically had :)!

hth!

Thanks Ted, this makes sense. I’ll have a go and come back with any issues!

1 Like

Hey @willrussellmarketing!

My pleasure - do please check in if you’re seeing any activity that’s not what you expected!

Hi

You could tag those that went through incorrectly and then add a ‘what if’ at the beginning of your automation. This would redirect those with the new tag with a ‘go to’ the step you want them to pick up on again.

Hey all,

Biannca here from our CX team.

Our platform has evolved since this question was asked and in the spirit of helping our users improve their knowledge on the platform.

You can use Goal actions to have the contact jump back to a specific point of the automation (if they have “completed” the automation) after the new changes.

Example:
Let’s say a contact completed your automation before you finished adding actions to it. You want to ensure that your contact goes through the remaining steps in your workflow but skip over the actions they already went through.

To achieve this, you essentially add a Goal action above the steps you want that contact(s) to complete. This Goal should use a condition that the contact can meet (the most straightforward condition you can use is a Tag).

Then, when you add the contact back into the automation (via the bulk editor), the Goal action will pull the contact to it, like a magnet and contact will complete the rest of the steps in your workflow.

For a detailed step by step guide on how to set this up, see our help guide.

Please don’t hesitate to reply back out or email us at help@activecampaign.com if you have any further questions.