Localising in 10 different languages

Hey AC community, I’m pretty new here and would like to see if anyone has come across a similar problem and how was it solved (or was it ;D).

We are setting up our email automations in English but we also need the same automations to run in 10 different languages.

I’m trying to figure out what is the best way to do this. First it was a no brainer to set up email content with different languages with conditional content, BUT email subject lines cannot be set up with conditional content so there goes that option.

Would you:
a. Set up 10 different automations, so basically automation per language
b. Build a big spider web inside one automation with if/else logic
c. Do something else?

I would love to build the automation with conditional content because when we will edit the existing automations it will be easy to have all languages inside one automation and if we build one automation per language there will be hundreds of them and things can get messy. Looking for a solution and experiences from other users, and if some third party tools or coding is needed to work around this, that’s not a problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem? How do you run your automations if you localise and use multiple languages?

Hi @physitrack, :wave:
An excellent question!

Personally, I have not had to do this before, so I am looking forward to seeing what others have to say, but if it was me, I would probably go for option a, especially if it is a large or complex automation, even if it is only to reduce a level of complexity within it.

I find that large spiderweb automations can get confusing if you ever need to go and make changes, so I prefer to have multiple, less complex automations.
However, I do realise that is perhaps not ideal if you have to then update 10 automations each time you make a change.

Anyway, as I said, I look forward to seeing what suggestions you get. If I think of anything in the meantime, i will of course post it here.

Giles
Zephi Limited

1 Like

Hey @GilesMagee thanks for your input :slight_smile:

We ended up going with option c because we had a super helpful tip from the AC team. Basically you can add in subject lines with code. Here’s a helpful video to show how it’s done! I hope someone finds this useful as well, we sure did!

1 Like

Love that, @physitrack .
Thank you very much for sharing it. I am sure many others will find it helpful to know. I know I have downloaded the video for future reference! Another tool ready to be used. :toolbox:

Kind regards,

Giles
Zephi Limited