Joomla integration question

Hi from sunny New Zealand. I’ve just signed to to AC and have a joomla website with 19,000 members. I also have a newsletter list with around 7,000 members. Some are in both lists. Some in one or the other.

I only want my newsletter list in AC, not all members.

I’ve imported my newsletter list into AC and it all looks good. But…if users change their email address in joomla, it won’t update the address in AC.

So my question is, if I install the joomla integration, will this update emails in AC if they’re changed in joomla. If yes, can I integrate only some of my joomla members or does it have to be all of them?

I hope this makes sense…
Kate

1 Like

Hey @lsb819!

According to our Joomla documentation, only name, email address, and the status for the lists (subscribed or unsubscribed) are synched between Joomla and ActiveCampaign. So, as long as a contact is on a list, it should synch up. HTH!

1 Like

Hey there,

Amy from ActiveCampaign’s Customer Experience Team. We’re just refreshing our forum page and I wanted to add some help here for anyone who comes across this page/question/post.

As of 2024, the details synced between ActiveCampaign and Joomla through their integration can vary depending on the specific setup and configuration. However, common details that are often synced include:

1. Contact Information: This typically includes basic contact details such as name, email address, phone number, and any other custom fields related to contacts.
  2. User Activity: Information about user interactions on the Joomla website, such as form submissions, page visits, downloads, and any other tracked activities.
  3. Lists and Tags: Contacts can be segmented into lists and tagged based on their behavior or characteristics. These lists and tags can be synced between ActiveCampaign and Joomla to ensure consistent segmentation.
  4. Email Engagement: Data related to email engagement, such as opens, clicks, and other interactions with emails sent from ActiveCampaign.
  5. Automation Triggers: Actions taken by users on the Joomla website can trigger automation workflows in ActiveCampaign, and vice versa. These triggers can be synced to ensure seamless automation across platforms.
  6. E-commerce Data: If the Joomla website includes e-commerce functionality, data related to purchases, abandoned carts, and other transactional information can be synced with ActiveCampaign for targeted marketing efforts.

For information on how to set up this integration, please see here: https://help.activecampaign.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001544284-Joomla-integration