Integrated with REST Api

Just getting started with AC. Hoping someone can set me in the right direction.

We have an application with which a user can start a trial. Once the user is in the trial, we want to run automation. The first email we’d like to send the user is a verification email. This email contains a verification URL that is generated by the application. Also, the user information (name, email, etc) is retrieved by the application.

I already know I can add a user to a list that fires off the automation through the rest api. However, how can I get information in the email that AC will send? Specifically the validation URL. Seems I should be able to specify some sort of variable in the email template that gets injected by the incoming user information.

Any advice or direction greatly appreciated.

tia - xgp

1 Like

I think I understand what you are asking.

When you create your message in the automation, you can use the personalization tags to add email, first name, last name, etc.

The validation URL could be added the same way, but you would first need to attach it to the user/contact in AC.

You could create a Custom Field called ‘validation_url’ using the API. You’ll only need to create this once.

Then you could create a Custom Field Value to store the validation url.

Finally, in your message inside the automation, the new Custom Field should show under the personalization button or section depending on which message editor you are using.

Note that when you create a Custom Field, I am pretty sure is becomes attached as a new field for all lists. If you only want it available to certain lists, create a custom field list relationship.

Hope that helps and I understood what you were asking.