How to Tag Repeat Buyers Already on Lists?

Hi - I want to tag people who purchase more than one time from me. The new automation I’ll set up will be like this:

Does Purchase1 tag exist? If no, tag Purchase1. If yes, does tag Purchase 2 exist? If no, tag Purchase2. And so on.

That’s relatively simple.

However, I want to go into my list and tag existing subscribers who have made 1, 2, 3, and more purchases. I have no idea how to do this except to export my lists and sort people by purchases and tag them manually in AC.

I can search for people with the tags of the purchases they bought, but there are so many combinations of purchases I don’t know how to identify the NUMBER of purchases.

Thanks!
Maria

1 Like

Hi @socialmediaonlinecla,

RE: >> tag them manually in AC<<

Once you do your sorting and tagging in [I assume] Excel, you can then import and update the contacts so you don’t have to do that manually.

RE: >>identify the NUMBER of purchases<<
Any chance you can get the number of purchases from your shopping cart, credit card processor, etc.? If you can get total purchases and a matching email address, you may be able to build an import file and apply the tags that way.

If you can’t do that, do your purchase tags follow a naming convention? If so, that may help with some Excel manipulation.

Bill

1 Like

Thanks Bill for the suggestion. I don’t use a shopping cart, just 2Checkout. I ended up create a single automation that tagged people if:

• they were in List A
  • and they had made a purchase

I added more conditions like that to tag them for additional purchases, and manually ran the automation, changing the list name each time.

It worked really well, and I’ll be updating it to run all the time.

Thanks again!

Maria

1 Like