How To Find Where A Lead Opted In

I recently moved from Aweber to AC. I am seeing around 20 new leads a day optin with a tag that I have stopped using.

However I cannot find the location of the form they opted in at. Is there a way to find this out? I use Thriveleads and have been through all of the forms I have created but can’t find this rogue form.

In Aweber they always listed the URL of where the form was located that the lead opted in, and I wondered if I can get this data in AC.

At the moment these mis-tagged leads are not going into an automation which they need to be, and manually triggering them is a pain. Not exactly automation.

Thanks in advance.

Hey @wildheartmedia,

There are a few ways which you can do this.

1. You can use ActiveCampaign site tracking with ActiveCampaign forms. The forms will identify the user when they complete them, and then site tracking will
  2. You can use/populate a hidden form field. I am not super familiar with Thriveleads[1], but there might be a way to populate this form field. Otherwise you may need to write some simple js to populate the field, but it should be very straightforward.
  3. You can use an event tracking tool like BigPicture.io or Segment or Google Tag Manager. Tools like this can send events to ActiveCampaign when forms are filled out, and send additional meta information.
2 Likes

Hi Jskole

Thanks for your reply, but that isn’t what I was asking.

I have a form that I cannot find, that is adding leads using a specific tag (now obsolete), and I need to know where the form is located…

… but I can’t find it.

Any ideas on how to find where the form is? Thanks.

Aweber always captured the form location/URL so I could see which page a lead signed up from.

Hey @wildheartmedia,

Do you have access to edit this rogue form or is it not even visible within ActiveCampaign?

Hey wildheartmedia,

Biannca here from our CX team. In the spirit of providing insight on this question, if this form is outside of ActiveCampaign then you need to contact your 3rd party form’s support team to investigate where your hidden form is. You can also review your webpage’s HTML code to see where there’s any hidden forms.

However, if this is an ActiveCampaign form, you can “back track” the contact to see if there’s a tag/list associated to a form.

For example: If someone subscribed to a list after completing a form you would see something like this in the recent activities https://screen.ac/wbuxAAW6 and/or https://screen.ac/E0ue66zv.

Please don’t hesitate to reply back out or email us at help@activecampaign.com if you have any further questions.