How does GREATER THAN treat List values " 1 hour", "2 hours"?

If I use Comparison “Greater than or equal to” on a field that starts with a #, will it treat the Field Value as that first # ? (or does it use the order of the possible field values)?

IF $FIELD > 2 THEN

Which of these (Single Select Radio button values) would yield TRUE for the above?

“0 - none needed”
“1 to 4”
“5 or more”

And how about these?
“First”
“Second”
“Third”
“Fourth”:

Hi @bungalowsoftware,

Greater than/less than looks for numerical values only. Stringing in the field options will mess with the segment builder since it’s looking for, and expecting numerical values.

Perry

1 Like

In some programming languages a string STARTING with a number simply ignores everything after the number. (Type Coercion - it coerces the string to a number)

Are you certain that AC does not do that?

-Clay

Hi Clay (@bungalowsoftware),

My answer was verified by our product team, so it should be correct. Though, if you want to be certain I didn’t botch your question or misunderstand, I would recommend reaching out to our support team. It looks like, for your specific account, you can either chat or email support.

Hope this is helpful, Clay!

Perry

1 Like

Hey Clay/ bungalowsoftware,

Biannca here from our CX team. For anyone that’s coming across this post, I want to clarify that the information Perry/ pleon provided is correct.

Currently, Greater than/Less than and/or “Equal to” still works with numerical values. Adding a combination of “numeric” and/or "string values will not allow the logic to work, see this example here where I inputted “Greater than” one https://screen.ac/12ulBBRB.

If you want our platform to support string values in the Greater than/Less than logic. I would recommend an idea at ideas.activecampaign.com, where our team check this frequently and seek to implement ideas that are well supported.

Please don’t hesitate to reply back out or email us at help@activecampaign.com if you have any further questions.

Shared with Zight