Getting the number of unique contacts a group of campaign was sent to

Hi,

We have a B2B app in which we want to provide information about the number of unique person who were contacted over a period of time.

In order to accomplish that we usually (with other email service API )

• select the corresponding campaign over a period of time
  • for each campaign get a way to link the contacts to the campaign (usually by a list id)
  • do some calculations / manipulations to dedupe the contacted people

From what I see there is no current way to match contact to a campaign in a way that allows deduplication ?

Based on this topic Get Contacts that an Campaign was sent to it seems it’s not possible to get the corresponding contacts.

But my current understanding of the API is rather limited, if any body can confirm / infirm / help me navigate this.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hello,

Getting the Contacts that a Campaign was sent to requires multiple API calls. First, you’ll make the API call to retrieve the Campaign. This response will have an addressid field, which is the ID of the list that the campaign was sent to. Next, you’ll make a call to the Contacts search API using the list ID as a filter. For example:

https://youraccountname.api-us1.com/api/3/contacts?listid=32

You may need to make multiple calls with pagination to get all of the contacts. Hope this helps!

-Matt