Forms - Is it Possible without Additional Account Information?

I have a couple different forms I am trying to build out and it doesn’t appear to be working.

Form 1: We wanted to create an internal form for employees to fill out when they need new name blocks or vinyls ordered. I created the form but when it emails me the “results” I get every single field associated with that email address. How do I 1) just get it to email me the results and nothing more and 2) not associate it or add those fields to the contact?

Form 2: I really would like to create some trigger based emails. If I build a template and have a form trigger that email it works fine if the email is generic. But if I want the email to pull in information like name or location from the Form, is that possible?

hey Megan,

Form 1: it sounds like an ActiveCampaign form might not be the right fit for this. You might be better off with something like Google Forms or another form tool.

Form 2: yes absolutely, since every form associates the form fields with the contact, you can use personalization tags in your emails to pull in that kind of information (https://help.activecampaign.com/hc/en-us/articles/220709307-Personalization-Tags-overview#h_01HP55MYTZFWA6DH3EPVPSHCBV)

Hey @bankofutah1,

Katie here from the ActiveCampaign CX team.

Form 1: All contact fields display in emails you receive from the “Email Results” form action and the “Send a notification” automation action. This is because all contact fields are assigned to all lists. This is the default setting for all contact fields.

To change the list association of a custom contact field:

1. Click “Contacts” > “Lists" on the left menu.
  2. Click “Fields” under the “Manage” section.
  3. Under the “Contacts” tab of the Manage Fields page, locate the custom contact field you wish to update.
  4. Hover your mouse over the field then click the pencil icon that appears on the right side of the screen.
  5. A modal will open. Click the “Show Advanced” option located at the bottom of the modal.
  6. Click the checkboxes to select or unselect the list assignment for your field.
  7. Click the “Save” button when finished.

Once the custom contact field is assigned to a specific list(s):

• The field will only appear in the email notifications described above for contacts who are associated with the selected list(s)
  • It will appear on contact records for contacts who are associated with the selected list(s)

Form 2: You can use Personalization Tags in this instance - (https://help.activecampaign.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000214360-How-to-insert-personalization-tags-into-your-campaign)