Find subscribers in automation more than once?

I’ve realized that I have a couple of automations allowing subscribers to enter the automation more than once if hit multiple triggers. I’ve corrected now, but any suggestions on how to run a search to find subs who are in an automation twice? I would like to set up an automation that eliminates duplicate automation.

1 Like

Hi, my workaround has been to add split at the beginning of the automation - if contact has specific tag, they’re removed from automation. If not, the tag is added and they continue on. Hope it makes sense and helps.

Hi @xanadugallery1146, :wave:
As far as I can see there is no easy way to do a search based on the number of times a contact has entered or competed an automation.
The only thought I did have was whether you could do an advanced search where you specify the trigger conditions, so for example:

Has Entered Automation - [name of relevant automation]
And
Condition to replicate Automation Trigger 1
And
Condition to replicate Automation Trigger 2

Anyone who then shows would have fulfilled all both of those triggers, so you would know that they are in the automation twice.
It would however take quite a lot of variations to cover all of your automations and triggers depending on how many you have, so it may not be feasible to do. Otherwise, if you are happy to live without knowing who has entered an automation twice historically, you could just adjust your automations to stop it happening in the future.
@wbecanada’s suggestion is a good one. If you aren’t using tags though, you could also add an If/Else condition at the beginning of your automation with the conditions:
Has Entered Automation - [name of current automation]
Or
Has Ended Automation - [name of current automation]
The Yes path would then need to end the automation, while the No path would be your automation flow.

Hope it helps.