Feature update: Trigger automations on page visits using wildcards

Hi all,

Have a nice little humpday treat for all of you!

@Brian put it best in his new blog post - “this is a more subtle change than some of our releases but, for the people who need it, it makes all the difference.”

Read more here!

2 Likes

@ted Very cool! I was hoping this would come out. It will let me use some very powerful segmentation based on what “category” of page my prospects visit. Well done!

1 Like

Hi there, Amy from ActiveCampaign’s Customer Experience Team. We’re just refreshing our forum page and I wanted to add some help here for anyone who comes across this page/question/post.

Automations can be set to trigger when a page is visited. Users also have the option to add a wildcard for any subpages on their site.

If the wildcard is added after the path only subpages after the / will trigger. All paths before the (*) will not trigger this automation.

If a user is attempting to have the automation trigger for a specific subpage and any wildcards after it, you will need to use two start triggers.

The wildcard can be used anywhere in the URL, and more it can also be used than once. Example: www.webpage.com/services/*seminar/coaching

Another example would be if a user wanted to look for a specific phrase or word in a URL, that example would look like this: www.webpage.com/services