Email open recency: retroactive?

Hey everyone. I’m running an automation that tags people based on the last time they opened an email (e.g. 7 days ago, 30 days ago, 60 days ago). The goal is to target unengaged users with a specialized campaign. It’s running well and will help going forward to keep our list clean.

I also want to retroactively tackle the rest of the list. AC has the “delete unengaged users” option but I want to try and re-engage them one last time before removing them. How can I export that as a list or make a segment? Thanks!

Hi,

I don’t think that option is available with engagement management. I’m not sure you’ll be able to do exactly what you’re hoping to do, but you could do an Advanced Search for everyone who doesn’t have one of those tags, to find the people from before you started tracking, and then use that to create the segment for the re-engagement campaign.

Hey jgoodman,

Biannca here from our CX team. In the spirit of providing insight on this question, we’ve recently introduce new segmentation conditions where you can segment contacts who haven’t opened/clicked in X days/months/etc. Once you’ve segmented these contacts you can use Automations to unsubscribe the contacts from all lists.

Here’s a detailed guide: Perform an expedited list cleanup with automation on how to setup this automation. You can also consider implementing an automation to track a contact’s last engaged date so you can see when a contact last engaged your content, see this guide for a more detailed explanation on how to set this up Use automation to track contacts’ last engaged dates and perform ongoing list cleanup.

Please don’t hesitate to reply back out or email us at help@activecampaign.com if you have any further questions.