Email in automation not sending

I have an automation that is triggered by the filling of ‘any Form’, and when someone fills the form, they go indeed through the automation, but the confirmation mail seems to not sent out. I tested it by filling the form with a personal email address. What might be going wrong?

Second part to this question. If the contact is not a new contact, but is already registered into my activecampaign contacts, the notification email doesn’t seem to send out either. What might be going wrong there?

The form is a contact form, so it is important that we get the notification everytime it is filled, and not just the first time a contact fills a form. FYI the automation trigger is set to run ‘multiple times’.

Thanks for helping me out.

Hi @irisgoemans1 - welcome to the forum.
Are the contacts you tested subscribed? A contact needs to be subscribed to at least one list in order for an automation to send an email to them.
It could be as simple as adding a “Subscribe to list” step in your automation and this might fix things for you :+1:

1 Like

Hi Jacob, thanks for your feedback.

However, the start of the automation is in fact ‘contact subscribed to a list’, so yes they are. They automatically subscribe to a list by filling a certain form on the website.

Any other thoughts? :grimacing:

Ah I see. Hmm, are other emails you send (e.g. other automations or campaigns) going out ok?
Also, can you check the contact’s automation journey (I wrote up a guide on how to do this here), and check if there is a green tick mark next to the Send Email step?

Other emails are generally going out ok.

For the customer automation journey, indeed there is a cross next to the send email step. (tried to upload a screenshot, but this isn’t working)

Ok great that’s a helpful sign. If there’s an X, it means the email wasn’t sent at all. Can you hover over the X and see what it says?
Usually it’ll give some kind of information as to why the email wasn’t sent - for example, the contact being unsubscribed or bounced.

I scrolled over the X and found out that apparently submitting that specific webform did not result in subscribing to a list. :see_no_evil: Updated that and tested again and now received the email.
Thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like