Data discrepancy: Click rate

Hi!

I just started using Activecampaign and I’m struggling to understand how the Click rate is counted. And this is why:

1. I only see one tab “Clicks” and it’s not clear to me if these clicks mean CTR or CTOR?
  2. When I check clicks in the “overview” tab (summary box) I see one number. When I switch directly to the tab “clicks” I see totally different numbers. Example: in the overview tab I see “Clicks - 2%”, in the “clicks” tab I see “Total link clicks 8%”. What is the difference here? Why the numbers are that different? What number displayes the reality? :slight_smile:
  3. When I try to calculate the ratio between openers and clickers manually I get another totally different number. Example: I have 366 openers and 150 unic link clicks. 150 clicks to 366 openers = more than 40% CTOR. Which is beautiful but doesn’t seem to be true.

So I’m a bit confudes, could you please explane to me how the numbers are counted?

Thank you very much!

Clicks are the total number of times users have clicked something (1,000 clicks) and click-through rate is the number of clicks divided by the total number of times something was viewed (1,000 clicks / 10,0000 impressions = 10% CTR).

CTR measures how many emails resulted in a subscriber clicking on your call to action. CTOR measures the number of subscribers who both opened the email AND clicked that link.

Hi @ispringsolutions. AC only shows two ‘click’ metrics. “Clicks” and “Unique clicks”. It doesn’t calculate CTOR. The numbers are a mess at the moment. My advice? Don’t bother trying to make sense of them. Combine the mismatching numbers with automatic clicks and it makes it all worse. Focus on the trend rather than individual campaign results. The good(ish) news is that there’s a beta you can opt-in to that will show possible bot clicks. Contact AC support of touch base with @Mika. The other thing I hope I can say is that reporting improvements are on ACs road map. HTHs. Cheers. Shane

1 Like

Thank you very much for the explanation,
have a wonderful day!