Contact and campaign webhooks

Hi team!

1. I want to create a webhook that triggered when a new contact subscribed to specific list ‘X’. I can found only the ‘subscribed’ webhook which run when a new contact is created and also when a contact subscribed to any list, but I want it to run when a contact subscribed to specific list… I saw I can do it through the webhooks UI but I need to do it through API. any thoughts how can I achieve that?

2. I want to create a webhook that triggered when a new campaign sent to specific list ‘X’. I can found only the ‘sent’ webhook which run when a new campaign sent, but I want it to run when a new campaign sent to specific list… I saw I can do it through the webhooks UI as well but I need to do it through API. any thoughts how can I achieve that?

Many thanks!

@bina Thanks for reaching out! Sorry for missing your question. Abbie from ActiveCampaign here - if you haven’t already, you might want to check our Developers Guide for our API. I’d recommend reaching out to us at help@activecampaign.com so we can review your needs and make sure you have the best solution.

Typically, an API call is made from your platform or by your team to pull information out of ActiveCampaign on demand, or when scheduled. It can also be used to update information in your account. If you want to trigger an automatic notice to an external platform when something occurs in ActiveCampaign, a webhook you can receive and process would be my first recommendation - typically, even if you don’t have developer you can use a third party platform like Zapier to extract information or help process it for further use. You can use API to pull a contacts list subscriptions whenever needed, but it does not automatically trigger when a change occurs - it would trigger just when you make the call. Having a better understanding of how you need to use this data why you need to receive it automatically in these cases would help us recommend an alternative that might work better for your team.

Retrieve a contact might be a good place to start depending on what information you’re interested in receiving - if you’d just like to see the subscription information, a call like retrieve a contact’s list memberships might be more useful, especially if you want use a filter for list ID at all. Similarly, you could use retrieve a campaign and filter that call by list ID to look to pull all new campaigns on a particular list.

Please reach out to us at help@activecampaign.com if you have any other questions, or to share more information about what you’re trying to accomplish so we can continue to assist!