Automation to calculate and update a Contact field

Hi, I want to setup an automation to perform a calculation and store the result.

On a form I have a field “Deal Size”. The user enters a value ( lets say 100). I store this value on the contact record.

Now I want automation to X3 that value and put the resulting value (300 in this example ) in another field.

How do I do this?

1 Like

You might be able to use a no-code/low-code tool like Zapier to do this for you.

Hi @dealcoach,
You can’t multiply the value and enter that value into a different field within a contact record, but you can do it as long as the second field is a Deal custom field.

For example, create a custom Deal field, perhaps called “Adjusted amount”.
Then create an automation that triggers when the form is submitted.
The first action to include would be to copy the data contained in the form field to the “Adjusted amount” field.
Then use the Perform Maths action to multiply that value by 3.
That would leave you with the two values you are looking for, one in the contact record, and the other in the Deal.

I hope that makes sense and helps you achieve what you are looking to do.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion but I don’t use ActiveCampaign for deal management ( Sorry I know it’s confusing for me to call the field “deal size”). I don’t think there is a solution within ActiveCampaign …pity !

Ah, then no, I do not think there is an automated solution you can use natively within ActiveCampaign. The suggestion of using something like Zapier to bounce the data out and back into ActiveCampaign suggested above could work, depending on your use case.

Hope you find a way of achieving what you need to do.

this will be very useful
I have the same need. The account manager of a prospect fill out, as an example “Amazon.com has”:
Sales (Quantity of orders)
Volume (money sold monthly)
And I want to calculate Average Selling Price automatically, and fill out another field.