Automation linked to which list?

Hi,
I read somewhere that an automation always is linked to a list.

I that true?

And how will I be able to see which list is attached to the automation?

I have this problem that someone entered an automation (via clicking a link in a email of another automation) but doesn’t receive the emails, because the contact has previously unsubscribd(says AC). I cannot find anywhere to what unsubcription AC refers. See, if someone enters an automation, it is because they want something - and this way I cannot offer it to them. How can I make this work??

Thanks, Cindy

Hi Cindy (@diyarchitecten),

When you go into that particular contact does it say they have unsubscribed to the list? I made a video below for you on how to check the status of the contact once in their specific personal info.

Talk soon,

Perry

Hi Perry (@pleon ),

They are subscribed to multiple lists and could have unsubscribed from one. They definitely are subscribed to one or more lists. But since I don’t know which list the automation is linked to, I cannot see if this is the case.

So hence my question: can I see somewhere to what list the automation is linked?

Hi @diyarchitecten,

Unless the automations start trigger is “subscribes to list” all contacts in ActiveCampaign might be in an automation assuming they meet the criteria set for the start trigger.

So you wouldn’t really be able to see what list the automation is linked to unless the start trigger was “subscribed to list". However, you can segment your contacts based on automations they’re in and lists they have subscribed too. This may be a workaround depending upon what you want to accomplish.

Theoretically, you could have an automation trigger by a list and a tag separately, and the contacts triggered by the tag aren’t associated to the list. It’s less automation based and more case-by-case based on the specific contact.

Let me know if you have other questions in regards to this, @diyarchitecten!

Perry

1 Like

Hey Cindy ( diyarchitecten),

Biannca here from our CX team, I wanted to update this thread for anyone that comes across it. We recently released a feature where you can actually specify a list and associate it to the automation. This way when a contact unsubscribes, you can determine which list should the contact unsubscribe from, see how to manage unsubscribes and list associations in automations for more information.

Please don’t hesitate to reply back out or email us at help@activecampaign.com if you have any further questions.