Adding to the end of an automation

What happens is a contact completes and automation and I add to the end of it. Do the contacts that were in the automation go through the things I added? Is there a way to “keep” people in an automation as I’m still building it out? Thinking along the lines of an educational email sequence.

You need to put a wait of 1000 days or some long number at the end of your automation. Otherwise, your contacts finish the automation and will not receive any new emails you add.

Click here for a free tutorial on how to fix it if contacts have already finished and how to add new emails correctly…

hth,
Jason

1 Like

Hey ultyresults,

Biannca here from our CX team, in the spirit of providing insight on this question - you can add a goal action above the new actions you added so contacts can “jump” to the new actions of the automation.

This forum post https://community.activecampaign.com/t/start-automation-mid-stream/1791 has some guidance on how to setup the goal step and how to prevent contacts from going through the entire automation again.

Please don’t hesitate to reply back out or email us at help@activecampaign.com if you have any further questions.