Add physical address to account using Active Campaign's API

Hi there,
I am using Active Campaign’s API to upload contacts, accounts etc.
How do I upload a physical address to an account. I.e how do I upload the “address_1”, “address_2”, “city” etc fields?
Thank you for your help.

Hi @cubecom !

Katie here on the CX team. You would need to create custom fields in your ActiveCampaign account for each address line (i.e. Field 1: Address 1; Field 2: Address 2; Field 3: City; Field 4: State, etc). From there, you can use this documentation to map the proper Address fields over.

Let us know if you need anything else!

-Katie

Hi Katie, I just don’t understand why I should make custom fields when they already exist by default. Is it possible to delete the default physical address fields?

Hi there @cubecom

Physical address fields are not default fields within ActiveCampaign (See article around fields here: https://help.activecampaign.com/hc/en-us/articles/221433307-Custom-contact-field-overview).

Default fields include Email, First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, and Account Name. It could be possible that you already created the physical address custom fields in your account, and with that, you can map those fields to the data that needs to be mapped in to ActiveCampaign via the API.

Hi there, I would like to add the physical address to an account using the API. Account do have default fields for the physical address, but for some reason they do not want to update using the API. Could you please let me know how to update them using the ‘requests’ library in Python.

Hi @cubecom

You can do this via the Create (Or Update) endpoints: Create an account

You can then use the language option on our documentation to see how to handle these API calls with several coding languages, including Python:
Shared with Zight

The Default Addresses are treated like regular custom field values, so you’ll just have to provide the ID of the field when sending the request.

Let me know if you need anything else. :slight_smile:

-Katie

Thank you for your help, Katie.
Where can I find a list of custom field IDs? I would also be interested in finding a list of tag IDs.
Kind regards