Stop paying for contacts who no longer open emails

I want to make “inactive” people who have not opened my emails for 1 or 2 months. Why does such a basic function not exist? 3 months is far too long and it forces people like me to pay more! When will there be a simple function to deactivate so-called “active” users and stop paying for those people who do not open emails!?

The support people were able to help me set up an automation for Engagement Tagging and create a custom field for last engaged date. Maybe that would help you to then pull contacts based on the date range you choose.

1 Like

I believe you can simply unsubscribe them from any list they are on and they will no longer count towards your contact limit.

You can easily learn how to do this at Set up ActiveCampaign Engagement Tagging Automations in 5 minutes - YouTube

yes you can. If you have your email message(s) in an automation (the best way to do it) then put in a conditional that waits for a while and then a conditional to checks if they have opened the email. at any point you feel they have drifted away to where you want them not to get any more emails (and not count toward your contact limit), add a block to the automation and go to unsubscribe and you will see ‘all lists’. this will then remove them for all lists and they will be non-chargeable. You may also want to add a Tag to them so you can easily find them again if needed. Only lists, not Tags, control who is chargeable. by remove from all lists they will not be able to get emails so AC feels they should not be chargeable.

1 Like

Hey all,

Biannca here from our CX team, I wanted to chime in on this thread and update it for anyone that comes across this post.

Please have a look at this previous post on how to manage your lists and unsubscribe unengaged contacts.

Please don’t hesitate to reply back out if you have any further questions.