Show "Date Created" field on the contact profile page

There needs to be a way to view a contact’s “date created” from their profile page. Currently, the only way to view this information is on the main Contact listing page. However, you cannot single out a single user in this view without it redirecting you to their contact profile page.

This is an important bit of information. For example, let’s say a contact purchased a product today. I would like to know how long have they been on my list before making their purchase. I do not have an easy way to find this information. The workaround is to search for a partial of their email address, so that it shows me their row in the main Contact listing without going to their profile. Not ideal

1 Like

Hi, yes, that´s a system improvement that would be nice to do as you say.

But meanwhile, I gonna give you a solution I use:

EXAMPLE: Assign Contact Date when a Contact subscribes to List X

1. Create a Contact Custom Field = Date Created (Date Format)
  2. Create an Automation with trigger = Contact Subscribed to List X
  3. Automation Action = Update Contact Field “Date Created” to “current time”

You can use the same process for example for Automation trigger “Contact makes a purchase from Shopify Store” to record the Date of purchasing.

Regards,

Raul Abad

1 Like

This is good feedback that I’ve shared with our team internally. In the meantime, clever workaround @raulabad!

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree. I’ve been looking for that field for a while. I guess I can stop looking. Thanks for the workaround @raulabad

@Mika - how can I upvote this enhancement?

You’ve come to the right place! I’ll continue to share the urgency of this request with our team based on the feedback provided here.

Thanks @Mika. to give some additional color - I’m constantly monitoring unsubscribes, and it would be nice to see at a glance how long that person has been on my list. Currently, I have to scroll through activity, which takes a LONG time if they’ve been on the list for a while.

It also would help with segmentation. People who joined recently can be treated differently than people who subscribed 3 years ago.

Thanks for this! I shared with our team internally and they confirmed that we are still using ideas.activecampaign.com in addition to this Feedback Community. For the best visibility, please consider adding this suggestion to that site.