ActiveCampaign Forum

Send Campaigns based on subscriber's Time

Use case: I want to send a campaign email to everyone at 11AM their local time.

I can currently do this in Automations by “wait until” the subscriber’s time is X. But, I don’t want to have to create automation sequences for these and it’s a pain for one-off emails.

Sending to everyone at THEIR local time sounds great, but the geolocation data that ActiveCampaign is pulling in is only finding matches for a small percentage of Contacts. So it’s not very reliable.

Might be better to just use your local time…unless you have actual address information on everyone of your Contacts?

The match rate will depend on your engagement. We look for it upon subscribing and every interaction (clicks/opens/etc…) forever. Most accounts have a 80 to 90%+ match on engaged contacts.

For the 10-20% that don’t get matched, you could just default to sender’s time zone.

Ya, that’s what we will use when we don’t have the contacts timezone

Thanks, Jason. I didn’t realize that the geo-location would continue looking for a match over time. You learn something new every day!

-Ed

I actually know the time zone of my contacts, because I found an Excel formula for getting time zone based on the state. When I imported my contacts, I imported their time zone as a custom field. I’d like a feature that would let me use that, instead of waiting for if/when ActiveCampaign determines the contact’s time zone.

Is this (send campaign based on subscriber’s date/time) available now? How?

Hi @roaradventures1,

It’s not possible to send a campaign based on a subscriber’s time, but you can accomplish this with an automation. Depending on your needs, this might be of use to you.

Best,
Vera

As OP said, “I can currently do this in Automations… but, I don’t want to have to create automation sequences for these and it’s a pain for one-off emails.”

Since it’s not possible today to send a campaign based on a subscriber’s time, I’m guessing OP and I are now requesting this functionality / making this feature request.