đź‘‹ Meet our Superusers: Shane Herring

:wave: Introducing…Shane Herring, ActiveCampaign Superuser!

Superusers play a significant role in keeping our community a positive and supportive space for everyone. They are ActiveCampaign experts who are available in the platform to start discussions and help you find answers to your questions. You’ll see them around community a lot—learn a little more about them below!

Name: Shane Herring LinkedIn
Company: Atomic Education // Founder and course developer

What is your business background?
A military background gave me a great foundation for moving into corporate roles as a senior networking engineer (IT stuff) and becoming a trainer. These days, I enjoy showing micro-business owners how to use technology so they can be more efficient and increase revenue.

Why do you participate as an ActiveCampaign Superuser?
I get to be closer to the action. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than taking a user problem directly to someone who can actually help.

What is your favorite ActiveCampaign feature, automation, or trick?:
Custom fields. Stop using tags to segment subscribers.

Anything else we should know about you?
I enjoy nature and landscape photography. There’s nothing more satisfying than capturing that perfect photo after months of trying.

Drop a comment and say hello to @Shane below!

2 Likes

@Shane coming in with the hot take on stop using tags to segment subscribers. I know why and have been bitten by it before. That gives me an idea - they should have a section on here for controversial AC usage opinions. This would be a great one. #realhuman

Hey @leadflowagency. How’re you doing? You mean topics like whether users should one list or multiple lists? :rofl: