Massive Unsubscribes in seconds?

I’ve been with Active Campaign for 10-plus years and never had any issues. Today, I sent an email to a list where some of the people are not just customers but personal friends, and I have 2,000 unsubscribed in 15 seconds of my sending, which is over 1/2 of that list. I have no way of contacting support as their site is all messed up, and I have no number to call. Can someone help me or supply a number to call, a chat link, or anything?

We just released a feature update to help with this! We have implemented a new human verification challenge to prevent automatic bot clicks on the unsubscribe button in emails.

If you’re wondering: What happens if a bot unsubscribes my contact? Can I get them back?

When a bot unsubscribes a contact from your email list, there are options for getting your contacts re-subscribed:

• If your contacts remain subscribed to another one of your lists, you can email them with a link to a sign-up form to re-subscribe
  • If your contacts have been unsubscribed from all lists due to bot action and have provided consent, you can manually re-subscribe them from their contact record

If you need more help within your account, you can live chat or email help@activecampaign.com. I’m also here if you have more questions!!

1 Like