Help Needed: Smooth Redirects After White Paper Downloads - Best Practices?

Hey everyone! :wave: I’m diving into the world of lead magnets and could use some wisdom from the pros! I’ve crafted this awesome white paper, but I’m scratching my head on the technical side of things.

My main question: What’s the best way to redirect someone after they click “download” on a white paper? :thinking:

I’ve heard about creating thank you pages, but I’ve got a few concerns:

1. Won’t this slow down my site’s load time?
  2. If I end up with multiple white papers, do I need separate thank you pages for each one?

Has anyone found a slick solution for this? Maybe a way to handle redirects without bloating the site? I’m all ears for your experiences - the good, the bad, and the “oh no, don’t do what I did” stories! :sweat_smile:

If you’ve got any clever code snippets or killer tutorials that helped you conquer this, I’d be over the moon! :crescent_moon:

Thanks a million in advance - you folks are the real MVPs! :trophy:

Vincent

It really depends on the text on the thank you page, as to whether or not you need multiple. If you keep the copy sort of evergreen, you could use the same one repeatedly.

To send contacts and leads to a “Thank You” page (or any other page) on your site when they submit you form…

1. Click Website on the left menu to get to the Forms Overview page.
  2. Locate the form you wish to work with, then click the “Edit design” button.
  3. The form builder will load. All editing and style options will appear in the right pane. Click the “Options” tab located on the right pane.
  4. Locate the “On Submit” box. By default, the “Show Thank You” confirmation message is selected. To add your web page here instead, click the dropdown, then click the “Open URL” option.

On

1. Type or paste the destination URL into the URL field provided.
  2. If you wish to link to a PDF document here, you need to host it on your website or with a file hosting service such as Dropbox. Then paste the file path to the PDF into the URL field provided.
  3. Click the “Integrate” button.
  4. Click the “Save and Exit” button.