Form dropdown question

I’m making my first form on AC. One of the questions is a dropdown ‘list selector’ but I don’t see any way to tell it what the valid dropdown options are. It’s filling in with a default value of the name of my client list but that’s not what I want. How do I change it?

Hi there! Have you already created the list you want it to go to?

Hey @maplelaneholdings329 (Donna). Can you confirm that the field is a list The values are set in the field properties. Go to Contacts => Fields and select the pencil icon to the right of the field. In the options section, you can change, add, remove options. These should be reflected in your form. If this doesn’t help, post a link to your form and I can take a look at it. HTHs. Cheers. Shane

hi @maplelaneholdings329 the “List selector” field will contain checkboxes for any lists that the form will subscribe them to.
You can check which lists your form will subscribe them to by going to “Options” and looking under the header “Form Action”

I’ve put together a screenshot to show you how this works:

Note how there are two “Subscribe to a list” actions on the right, so there are two corresponding checkboxes within the form.

In terms of how you can change the name of the client list, unfortunately it doesn’t look like you can. You’d have to change the names of the lists themselves. Or, you could create a Checkbox custom field - but in that case I think you’d need to create an automation to assign certain checkbox choices to certain lists.

Ok. Sorry. I misunderstood. Thanks @jacobmonash for clarifying.

1 Like

Thank you for these helpful tips. The bit I was missing was to start with the Fields page before trying to make a form. Thank you for your guidance and fast responsiveness @Shane @Mika and @jacobmonash .

2 Likes