Double opt in did not finish

I am wrestling with the idea of double opt-in. I get that it is a better more involved lead if they opt in but I cannot help thinking that some of my hard won subscriptions are not finishing up the process. I would like to send “non finishers” a reminder or two to make sure. Is this spammy? Are those emails captured so that I can do something like this?

Hi,

As you know, double opt in is safest, but there’s also something to be said for running a test and letting the results guide you.

To resend the opt-in confirmation you’ll need to manually send a one-to-one email. Maybe you could commit to doing this 20 or 50 times and see what happens. If a decent percentage of these people end up opting in on your second request, I think it’s safe to assume they were interested, they just missed the confirmation the first time. Maybe in this instance you’d consider turning double opt in off.

If only a small percentage of people end up opting in your second request, I think it’s safe to assume that they aren’t interested, you should keep double opt in on, and you should probably just keep it to one request.

That’s my two cents… I’m sure someone else in the community has another point of view or something to add.

Hey @travelnursingusa,

I totally hear you! What I would suggest exploring, is the idea of simulating a double-opt in flow, from inside an automation.

So for example, create an “Airlock” list, that contacts are subscribed to first. When they are subscribed to that list, send them the first “2x Optin” email. Wait 24 hours. If they have clicked the link, move them to your main list. If not, send a second “2x Optin” nudge email.

You can then wait 7 days, and if they never click either email, give em the boot!

You can then customize this automation as you see fit!

1 Like

Thank you. Good idea.

1 Like