ActiveCampaign Forum

Displaying images by default in emails

Hello,

Am using an automation which sends out several emails, each containing one image. The image has been uploaded using the ActiveCampaign library/editor.

In Gmail, all of these email do not have the image displayed by default. They all have the options: Images are not displayed. Display images below - Always display images from mail@##########.com. I always select the “Always display images from…” option but it never remembers.

Most other emails I receive (not from ActiveCampaign) have images on by default.

Is there anything I can do to make images on by default?

Thanks,
Dean

Bump! Keen to get this sorted!

This is a feature in Gmail, senders have no control over how email clients display emails. :frowning: It’s up to each person to decide if they want to display your images or not.

One thing you can do is make the image ALT text very enticing. Don’t be misleading, as that will result in unsubscribes, but if you can use the ALT text to create curiosity, you might get people to display images.

I would run split tests and watch open rates, click through rates, and unsubscribes at minimum.

same thing here… is there a solution? Images from other senders are displayed, but not from my account, and it will not remember

Having the same problem here, all the other email lists I subscribe to have the images show by default, why not when Active Campaign is used??

@inlightofnature That’s because you chose that option in your email program. You - as an email sender - can’t make that decision for every contact you send to. It’s a personal choice they make themselves.