🏆 COMING SOON: Target more effectively with AI-suggested segments and a new segments experience!

Hi everyone, I’m Joann from the product marketing team at ActiveCampaign and I’m so excited to share about a new segments experience coming soon in the upcoming weeks! :grinning:

What’s new? :raised_hands:

:page_facing_up: New segment index page
We’re bringing segments out to a dedicated page within the contacts tab to give you more visibility into your targeted audience. Get started quickly and see your active vs total contacts in an organized and manageable view.

:gear: AI-suggested segments
Target your audience more effectively with AI-suggested segments, which are automatically generated based on the industry, behavior, and use cases.

• AI-suggested segments examples: Highly engaged, new subscribers, reactivation

:books: New segment library
We’re adding a new segment library that allows you to save your segments which makes it easy for you to reuse segments and tweak your conditions on the go.

It’s an accordion drop down that you can access the segment library from advanced search, campaign, automation, if/else blocks, scoring, and more to use your saved segments.

• Note: Select “Use Conditions” from the segment library to copy them into the builder. This lets you update, combine, and save your new segment for future use.

:straight_ruler: Access segments within campaign workflow
This update gives you the flexibility to send to all active subscribers of your list(s), select a saved segment, legacy segment, custom conditions, or tags. You can also construct a one-off campaign with custom conditions, with the option to choose whether you want to save as a new segment. For those that have not yet migrated from legacy list segments, you will continue to be able to use them from the campaign workflow.

From legacy to new segments
With the new segment experience, segments are no longer tied with lists and can be manage from the segments page in the navigation menu. To organize your segments, convert your most used segments by clicking “Convert to Segment”. The segment will appear in the new overview page. Afterward, you can toggle “Hide Legacy List Segments” in advanced settings to archive any old segments.

:question: What if I want to keep my existing segment experience and not change into this new experience?

We understand that change can be challenging, so the transition to the new segment’s experience is optional for now. However, we strongly encourage you to embrace it for its better interface, increased flexibility, and improved efficiency. Eventually, all users will be moved to this new system, so we recommend getting familiar with it as soon as possible.

Why are we changing the segment experience?
We’re redesigning the segment experience to make your targeting more powerful and effective. The new AI-suggested segments enhance precision and effectiveness while also adding significant value in segment management and reusability across the platform. By offering a dedicated segments index page and an intuitive segment library, we’re making it easier than ever to organize, manage, and reuse your segments. This empowers you to maximize the impact of your marketing strategies with greater flexibility and minimal effort.

Feel free to drop any questions or feedback you might have! We’re listening! So excited for you guys to see this soon! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Cool feature, but especially in b2b, this only makes sense if you finally fix this problem.

1 Like

I cant access the link - every time I attempt, I am sent into an inifite login loop… Can you share more details on the problem?

Sure, unfortunately uploading screenshots doesn’t work for me here.

Link to feedback issue is:
*** ideas.activecampaign.com/ideas/AC-I-17749
(Login before clicking the links works best.)

Content of the issue (I’m not the OP, but voted and commented on it):

# Remove / Flag ‘false clicks’ or ‘ghost clicks’ from reports

In our campaign reports we are seeing a lot of false clicks… We know they are false/ghost clicks because:

• The recipient has apparently clicked every link in the email simultaneously; or
  • Every recipient at the same company domain has clicked the same link in their email, simultaneously
  • When we call the contact they have no knowledge of an email or clicking it…

This problem has been identified - and fixed - by the likes of Hubspot, Spotler, Salesforce, etc…

The wider issue this causes is that it wrecks connecting to CRM - Adding a new lead when contact clicks a link just fills up CRM with leads that aren’t right. Alternatively adding contacts as leads when they hit a lead score is skewed because we have them scoring points when they click a link in an email. The bot clicks every link and their score skyrockets…

For me in marketing this is a bit of a deal breaker - I won’t have any friends in Sales if I’m just dropping duff leads on them…

====================

Also see these comments:

Nathan Reece | Jul 3, 2023

ActiveCampaign, please note that calculated success in any marketing activity requires measurement. Therefore, this should not be considered a ‘new feature request’ or ‘nice to have’ which needs to upvoted to be implemented. Rather, this an essential facility – a deal breaker. Without it, your product is catastrophically devalued as a marketing tool.

Martin Milz
Jul 24, 2023

Thank you very much - couldn’t have said it better. We’re fairly new to ActiveCampaign and I’m shocked that this problem still persists after several years. If this doesn’t get fixed soon, ActiveCampaign will have at least one less customer.

Nathan Reece
Jul 27, 2023

Thanks Martin. Agreed, the speed of response to this issue has been atrocious. We’re seeking an alternative.

====================

AC knows about the problem for years, here is a not very helpful help page regarding the issue:

The corresponding feature that is currently in beta status will only fix the issue within reports - but not regarding clean contact profiles and their factual behavior:

So the main problem will persist and it’s getting more frustrating every day because with a non-reliable data base there is no professional marketing automation.

1 Like

Finally! Finding segments was a pain, which lead to lots of duplication. Looking forward to cleaning up.

3 Likes

Will we ever have the ability to exclude segments from campaigns?

1 Like

Is there an updated API feed available? Currently, we use an API to import and segment our customers into Active Campaign — every day contacts are imported from our physical retail stores Point of Sale software (i.e. Wine Club members, cancelled Wine Club Members, etc) into Active Campaign. Please advise.

Will there be folders to organize the segments as well? Our account is very unique in set-up with 50+ lists and over 2000+ segments. Curious to see how that is going to pan out.

Tks Good of Products! This new interface to Segments is way better to manage!
Waiting to test!

1 Like

Hello,
When we we be able to start converting our legacy segments to the new Segments?

Hi @berghof53449, we’re currently working on something in the pipeline, stay tuned! We will make sure this gets addressed. Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

Hi @12thbean, thank you for your question! With this new update, you can send directly to a list or contacts with a specific tag, without needing to send to a segment. While excluding segments from campaigns isn’t available right now, you can upvote this idea here- https://ideas.activecampaign.com/ideas/AC-I-14828.

Hi @winestyles, thank you for reaching out! At this time, there isn’t an updated API feed available. However, we recommend continuing to use the existing API for your imports and segmentation. Additionally, we are interested in learning more about your API usage details, is there any additional information you can share with us on this use case, as this is something we are thinking about.

If there are any future updates, we’ll be sure to inform you. Please let us know if you have any other questions or need further assistance!

Hi @health-union, thanks for the suggestion! I’ll share it with our team for future consideration. While folders aren’t available for segments yet, once the new segment experience goes live we suggest to align with naming conventions with all the segments. We will have an updated search and sort that will allow you to easily find your segments. Happy to learn more about your use case and dive deeper.

Hi @marcelo-marchetti, happy to hear!! Make sure you’ve signed up for our early access for segments to get exclusive access to test once this becomes available. :grinning:

Hi @cryptobanter46845, this feature will be available in the upcoming weeks, stay tuned! I will make sure we announce it as soon as this becomes available. Thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

Hello,
Will the Saved Segments feature be available to use in Wait Conditions and Goals in Automations, or is this only for campaigns?

Hi @cryptobanter46845, this will be available as well in wait conditions and goals in automations along with campaigns. :grinning:

Any news about a date for the release? And will we be able to get an easy overview on our subscribers geographic location?

Hi @oase-outdoors, there’s not an exact date available for this yet. But I will keep everyone posted as soon as it becomes available! That’s a good feedback you’ve provided, I will pass this along to our team for future iteration consideration. Thanks!

1 Like