Automating an email that doesn't come from a campaign

Hello!

We are receiving inquiries for our services, and would like to do a soft drip campaign for a schedule, and then move them into a campaign.

For example, after our initial contact with the customer, if we haven’t heard back from them in 30 days, we’d send an automated “Hi, Jon, just wanted to touch base with you and see if there’s any other info you need.”

If we still don’t hear back at 90 days, then send “Hi Jon, hope you haven’t forgotten about us! We look forward to helping you out…”

Then, at 8 months, a final “Hi Jon, Just touching base in case you ever need our services in the future. We’ll keep in touch via our newsletter, but please give me a call directly if you need anything.”

At that point, we’d convert them into a regular newsletter list.

Is there a way to automate those first 3 drip emails so that they don’t come from a “campaign” in Active Campaign? I’d like them to appear as if they’re coming from the person directly, and not from an automated system. The footer with an unsubscribe link will make it obvious that this is an automated system. As it stands now we’re setting reminders to go in and send the follow-ups manually (via regular email) - so I’m hoping for a way to save us that manual step and have it look the same.

Perhaps I could use a workaround via Zapier (i.e. “When tag X is created, send this email, remove tag X, create tag Y”) and then use tags to move it through the process… but if I could solve it via AC I’d rather do that.

Thanks!

Emails sent from automations must have the footer with an unsubscribe link. To make these campaigns look more like personal emails, you can use the “Text only” campaign type:

You can find this option under the “Build from Scratch” option on the template selection screen.

There may be a way to do this through Zapier, but I’m not aware of it.

Hey GWW,

Biannca here from our CX team. In the spirit of providing insight on this question, we have introduce a 1:1 email feature available on the (Sales) Professional and Enterprise plans where you can send out personalised 1:1 emails from your own personal email which is connected to your own email address. Through that you can utilize automations to automate a drip automation sequence.

For more information, see our help guide How to send 1:1 sales emails with automation.

Please don’t hesitate to reply back out or email us at help@activecampaign.com if you have any further questions.