Anybody using Manage Preference Centers?

I am a big fan of preference centers vs. straight-up unsubscribing. It gives people the opportunity to opt-down, and also for you to reset expectations with your subscriber (sometimes they’ve been added to one of your email lists without truly understanding what they were getting into).

I’ve built these before using the AC API. I’d prefer a built-in approach, but in the meantime, has anybody got tips on how they’re handling email preferences?

1 Like

Hi Stephan, have you had any luck with this?

I’m a big fan of preference centers too and would rather not have to building something using APIs.

Nope, however now that AC has the new form builder, I think it’s something that you could build out. For example, the preference center isn’t the %UPDATEPROFILE% link, but rather a link to yoursite.com/emailprefs wherein you display a form that you build in AC that lets you select a frequency, or whatever other features you want to offer.

Submitting that form (saving prefs) either tags or triggers automations you build specifically for that form.

You’re right.

I take it that those accessing yoursite.com/emailprefs via a bookmark will not see the form populated with existing data, though?

We have build out the form to let people update their prefs, but i now see that existing data/prefs is NOT shown.

In my mind this makes the forms approach close to useless.

Does anyone know a way to get existing data to show up when the form is loaded?

1 Like

Hi there, Amy from ActiveCampaign’s Customer Experience Team. We’re just refreshing our forum page and I wanted to add some help here for anyone who comes across this page/question/post.

If you have multiple email marketing lists, you can let contacts manage their own list subscriptions when they receive your email through the use of form submission and automations.

This setup involves the following steps:

1. Creating a custom contact field to collect subscription preferences (you can use a checkbox-type field)
  2. Creating a Subscription Preferences form
  3. Adding the Subscription Preferences form to your email
  4. Creating an automation that will subscribe and unsubscribe contacts from your lists

Read through this help article for the above mentioned steps.

Any questions or additional ideas, thread them below!