ActiveCampaign Forum

Triggering events on the Tuesday before the last Thursday of the month

I am attempting to trigger a reoccurring event on the last Tuesday of the month. First some background:

We host a private webinar for customers on the last Thursday of every month. I’d like to build an automation that sends out a survey email to our customers on the last Tuesday of each month (two days prior to the Thursday webinar, giving them time to fill out the pre-webinar survey).

Currently I find no “Wait until” conditions that will accomplish this exactly.

As a work-around to the issue, I have an automation set up like this:

• Wait until current day of the month is the 21st

• Wait until current day of the week is Tuesday

• Send survey email

• Wait 7 days

• Go to another action (this loops back to first step where it waits again until it’s the 21st of the month)

This process works during about 8 to 9 months out of the year, however there are a few months where the days fall in such an order that sometimes the email will be sent out one week too early.

In the example below, the webinar day is the 26th, and the email is correctly triggered on the 24th, 2 days before the live session:

Then the next month shows us an example of the flaw in my system. The email is triggered to send on the 21st, which due to the length of the month of October, is a week too soon (22nd instead of desired 29th):

Can anyone lend some advice as to a more savvy way I could approach this process? I need the automation to run on a loop like it does every month, and having emails occasionally sent a week to early is a sub-optimal solution.

Thanks in advanced!

Hey there,

I’m new to ActiveCampaign, and love working on mindbenders like this. Taking a break from my logic challenge I came to the forum.

For yours, what if you altered your wait to the following:

*** Wait until current day of the week is Tuesday**
*** Wait until current day of month is after 22**
*** send survey email**
*** wait 7 days **
*** go to another action**

hope this helps.

I appreciate it, but I checked and it looks like that won’t cut it.

I’m aiming to trigger this event on the Tuesday before the last Thursday of each month, and with the variation from month to month, it’s tricky.

@startupbros

February may be the tricky month. in your example above where the first of the month is a tuesday, the last thursday in february would be the 24th.

I haven’t testing this, but what about:

*** Wait until current day of the week is Tuesday**
*** Is current month = february
(yes) *** Wait until current day of month is on or after 22**
(no) *** Wait until current day of month is after 22
*** send survey email**
*** wait 7 days **
*** go to another action**

@startupbros, I recently ran into a similar situation, I wanted to send out an email on the 4th friday,

for you, I think if you shift your date (21st to the 23rd, it should work)

Current day of the month — greater than or equal to — 23
AND
Current day of the week is Tuesday

see if this helps.

cheers