ActiveCampaign Forum

How to escape HTML code in email builder

Hi.

I want to send an automated email to my the guests of my podcasts which includes some resources related to the episode they were in. I’ve created custom fields for each of these links in their contact page and it’s all looking good.

The only problem I’m having is with the embed code for the player. We want to include the entire code they’d use to embed their episode on their website but it’s not displaying in the emails. I believe it has something to do with the fact that the email player does not distinguish when it’s actual code and when it should just display it as text…

For instance, this is the embed code I’ve saved in one of my contact’s custom fields.

<iframe height="200px" width="100%" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" seamless src="https://player.simplecast.com/7f63ff0a-d6dd-4843-86ad-d1ed38a7f4d0?dark=false"></iframe>

But whenever I call it in an email, it won’t display. I’ve tried wrapping it in and in

tags with the same results. Maybe it’s something that AC does not currently support?

Any ideas as to how I could get around this and be able to send them the code?

Thanks!

Forgot to escape some tags and I can’t edit the post… This is how it should display:

Hi.

I want to send an automated email to my the guests of my podcasts which includes some resources related to the episode they were in. I’ve created custom fields for each of these links in their contact page and it’s all looking good.

The only problem I’m having is with the embed code for the player. We want to include the entire code they’d use to embed their episode on their website but it’s not displaying in the emails. I believe it has something to do with the fact that the email player does not distinguish when it’s actual code and when it should just display it as text…

For instance, this is the embed code I’ve saved in one of my contact’s custom fields.

<iframe height="200px" width="100%" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" seamless src="https://player.simplecast.com/7f63ff0a-d6dd-4843-86ad-d1ed38a7f4d0?dark=false"></iframe>

But whenever I call it in an email, it won’t display. I’ve tried wrapping it in <code> and in <pre> tags with the same results. Maybe it’s something that AC does not currently support?

Any ideas as to how I could get around this and be able to send them the code?

Thanks!