I have tried to understand event tracking and am getting a bit lost here. I looked at different blogs (eg. How to Setup ActiveCampaign Event Tracking), read several posts and looked at the PHP API wrapper.
Here is the configuration:
- ActiveCampaign plugin installed in wordpress
- Landingpage with a download button
- People get to the landingpage via an email which includes a link to the download page. This email is send via ActiveCampaign
I want to track if a person actually pressed the button to download. This shouls be straight forward and sounds simple, right?
Options I have looked into but were not succesful:
- I have looked into BigPicture.io but I have no clue how to get the persons email address into BigPicture.
- Since I have the ActiveCampaign plugin installed I assumed just inserting an onclick=“ac_events(event name, value)” would do the trick. I tried this but nothing showed up in my ActiveCampaign dashboard.
I did find two plugins that help (both of them track any event which seems a bit too much I think):
- Integratepro ($18)
- functionalfunnels (free or paid)
I have found a couple of posts where button clicks were mentioned but the answers were not really helpful to me. Eihter they did not provide a clear picture to me or there were examples where all your credentials would fly free over the internet.
Anyone has a straight forward dummy proof approach to this? Or someone who can help me sort this out? When it works I am happy to put together a comprehensive how to manual…