ActiveCampaign Forum

Emails being blocked by Microsoft Office 365 security

Hello, in the last week or two, we have started to receive complaints from users on our email lists that they are unable to click a link in our email newsletters. When they click the link, the page they receive is a Microsoft Office warning that reports our page as “malicious”. They are not given the option to proceed to the site.

ActiveCampaign support has indicated they are aware of this issue, but that there is nothing they can really do about it as it is a problem that Microsoft needs to resolve.

Is anyone else experiencing this and if so, have you found a solution? Thank you.

I’m also experiencing this issue for our internal employees. Can I ask if the complaints were from internal staff or from external? Any more info you learned from support here? This is a huge issue if it’s external.

It’s external. ActiveCampaign is essentially saying there is nothing they can do. Our next step is to remove link tracking from our newsletters as we have no choice.

We are also having the same problem.

We use Outlook internally, but have only received this complaint from external email addresses.

We have turned off link tracking which has solved the problem. However it makes ActiveCampaign more or less useless to us. Hoping they can figure this out, otherwise we’ll need to find another solution. We do send emails through another provider as well and this problem is NOT happening with those emails.

It seems that Microsoft is deeming all AC-related mails as spam.That is contrary to what 93 other mailservers do. The Only server which refuses my mail through AC, and now my mail-address altogether is the one from Mickeysoft. That goes for live.com, outlook.com, and hotmail.com. I think AC should have a chat with the guys form MS. In the end, this is just a simple setting in their server…